Olympus Cameras are top tier, and finding the best Olympus camera can be difficult as they’re all great for something!
So that’s what this comparison review is for, to find the best camera for you!
Best Olympus Camera
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II Mirrorless Camera with 14-42mm II R Lens (Silver)
8 used from $379.99
- Built-in 5-Axis image stabilization for sharper images
- 2.3 million dot OLED electronic viewfinder with 0.62X magnification
- Silent mode (disables all shutter sounds)
- 8.5 frames per second burst shooting
- Focusing Points / Focusing Points Selection Mode-81-area multiple AF (Contrast detection AF), 37-area multiple AF (Phase-difference detection AF). All target, Group target area (3x3-area), Single target(Standard Target Size/Small Target Size)
The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II is a surprisingly sophisticated camera that's a joy to use. Whether you're a novice just snapping shots of your everyday life or a photo enthusiast looking to maximize your creativity, the E-M10 Mark II delivers with a compact profile, intuitively placed controls, and an advanced 5-axis image stabilization system that ensures perfection with every shot!
Olympus TG-5 Waterproof Camera with 3-Inch LCD, Red
$397.00 in stock
8 used from $299.00
- New 12MP Hi-Speed Image Sensor for improved low light performance and noise reduction
- Underwater: compensation: -2 EV to +2 EV (in 1/3 EV steps). Bright F2.0 high-speed Lens. Video Recording format : MOV(MPEG-4AVC/H.264)
- Dual Quad Core TruePic VIII Image Processor. 3.0 inches 460k-Dot LCD Monitor. Focus Range Normal: 3.94 inches (10 cm) to Infinity. Macro: 0.4 inches (1 cm) to Infinity
- Field sensor system with GPS, Manometer, Compass, and temperature sensors
- Waterproof to 50 feet, F, Dustproof, Crushproof to 220 lbf, Shockproof from 7 feet, Freezeproof to 14 degrees, Anti-Fog lens.Dustproof:IP6X
The Olympus Tough TG-5 is built for adventure and packed with professional features that help you nail bright, crisp outdoor shots even in challenging conditions. You’ll find imaging firepower that’s optimized for shooting action like a fast F2.0 Olympus lens, high-resolution RAW stills, and spectacular Ultra HD 4K video. Microscope Macro Modes shoot high magnification stills of small subjects up to 1 cm from the lens, and nighttime Live Composite Mode makes it easy to shoot incredible cityscapes and star trails. Action Track Sensors record location, temperature, direction, and altitude data that bring your images and video to life. The Tough TG-5 is waterproof, shockproof, crushproof, freeze proof, dustproof, and features Anti-Fog Dual Pane Lens Glass. No other camera handles so much abuse while producing stunning photography like the TG-5.
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II Weather Sealed Kit with 14-150mm Lens, 3" LCD, Silver, US ONLY
1 used from $899.99
- Splash proof body and 10.7x zoom splash proof lens so you can shoot in all weather conditions
- 5-axis Image Stabilization for sharp shots even in low light
- High resolution Electronic Viewfinder with live view for real-time previews of your shots
- 1080p resolution
The Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II Weather Sealed kit is just what you need to start taking sensational pictures regardless of weather conditions. The dust-proof, splash-proof and freeze-proof E-M5 Mark II body and ultra-compact M.Zuiko 14-150mm F4-5.6 zoom lens are ready to go anywhere your travels take you. Built-in 5-axis image stabilization make sure your shots are sharp, even in the most challenging lighting conditions. Olympus’ exclusive creative features like Live Composite, Art Filters, Focus Stacking, and 40MP High Res Shot Mode offer endless creative possibilities in a small, stylish and lightweight package that will stand up to any photographic challenge. When you’re ready to up your photography game, pair an M.Zuiko Pro weather sealed lens for a new perspective and unparalleled image quality.
Olympus Pen E-PL9 Kit with 14-42mm EZ Lens, Camera Bag, and Memory Card (Denim Blue Limited Edition)
- Kit contains the e-pl9 camera, 14-42mm EZ Lens, Pen camera case, Special camera strap, and 16GB SD card
- Tropic viii image processor
- 3" 180 Degree Flip down touch screen
- In-body 3-axis image stabilization
- 4K video & still image capture from 4K video.Manual Focus Assist:Focus ring rotation activates Live View image magnification and/or focus peaking when in S-AF+MF or MF mode
Introducing the PEN e-pl9. It has everything to produce images you’ll be proud to share. There’s nothing to learn; just pick it up and let the on-screen guides and built-in settings make every shot perfect. Thanks to the powerful image stabilization system, you’ll easily shoot blur-free stills and smooth 4K video, all handheld. With features like flip touchscreen, built-in flash, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for easy sharing make the e-pl9 your go-to camera.
Olympus PEN-F (Body-Only) (Silver)
1 used from $1,148.00
- New 20 Megapixel Live MOS sensor with 50Megapixel High-Res Shot mode
- In-body 5-Axis Image Stabilization
- 2.36 Million-Dot OLED electronic viewfinder
- 10 frames per second high speed sequential shooting (5 frames per second with AF Tracking)
- Creative control dial lets you directly access 4 functions, including Monochrome, Color Profile Controls, and Art Filters
The iconic Olympus PEN-F is ideal for street shooters, as a second camera for studio pros, and for anyone who loves vintage design and photography. It features impeccable craftsmanship, precision controls, and the ability to capture amazing street shots. PEN-F boasts all-metal construction with luxurious metal and leather-grained accents, a magnesium top cover with no visible screws, a beautifully-integrated interactive OLED electronic viewfinder, and an articulating touch-enabled LCD monitor. Advanced sensor technology combined with in-body image stabilization ensures superior resolution and razor-sharp images, even while you or your camera is moving. Best of all, fully customizable in-camera color control shoots photos with old school film quality right before your eyes.
Drive Thru Takeaway:
What ever your thoughts or preferences, one of the 5 options above will be what you need! Be sure to leave a comment if you have questions and especially mention if you’ve bought one of these and have a great addition to the review!
Looking for the best dslr camera for beginning photography instead?